15 Stages An Empathetic Woman Goes Through In A Relationship With A Narcissist | BiographyFlash
Is it possible for you to imagine a cold, harsh human being (called human because, unfortunately, there is no other official word to identify this species) in a relationship with a gentle, sensitive, empath? magnet ?
I get chills just thinking about it, but I’m afraid it’s real.
You would think such opposites would never cross paths, but they almost always end up together and the result is devastating.
The only thing this relationship can give rise to is a wounded, broken victim, scratching the surface of the glass prison to get out – trying and failing time and time again.
From the outside looking in, you would think that an empath trapped in a relationship with a narcissist is free because that’s the overall picture it gives us.
When in fact, this is the narcissist’s main game – to assault and manipulate, while appearing completely innocent himself.
As a result, the victim finds himself in a glass prison. We believe she is free, but in fact she is trapped.
See also: 5 Reasons Why A Narcissist Can’t Stay In A Relationship Long
If you’re wondering what it’s like to be a prisoner of narcissism, read about the stages every empath goes through in a relationship with a narcissist.
1. A boy sees a girl. Their eyes meet and the love story begins. The girl thinks she has found the love of her life, the man of her dreams.
The truth is that she didn’t find the man of her dreams, but her worst nightmare.
2. The narcissist convinces the empathic woman that she is the person he was waiting for. He gives her everything she ever dreamed of.
He lies and pretends to be something he’s not to gain her trust – to make her believe everything he says, which isn’t strange because his behavior at first is supported by a soft and almost unrealistic appearance.
3. After stages 1 and 2, the narcissist enters the most important stage of manipulation and control.
Over a long period of time, it works to destroy the self-esteem and self-esteem of the female empath.
See also: The 5 Most Hurtful Things a Narcissist Will Do to You
Through a large number of tactics, he succeeds in his plan.
He assumes the role of the dominant in the relationship, ensuring that the female empath has no say.
4. The empathetic woman will never stand up to the narcissist at this stage of their relationship.
She withdraws and reluctantly accepts the labels the narcissist gives her, which will gradually lead her to believe that she is truly incompetent and unworthy of love and respect.
5. Empaths will put their heart and soul into their relationship. Their intentions are pure and their love is selfless.
After all, you don’t choose who you fall in love with.
Unfortunately, sometimes you fall in love with evil and you are heartbroken, you find yourself at the lowest point of your life. No one can prepare for this. No one can predict or avoid it.
Empaths often fall into this trap because they are selfless. Those are donors – exactly what every narcissist needs.
6. Slowly, the female empath realizes that the relationship she is in is not healthy.
She gradually realizes that the narcissist can only love himself. Unfortunately, once you get there, it’s already too difficult to get out of it.
The female empath is always under great pressure and she feels enormous fear because she knows everything the narcissist is capable of.
So, she continues to satisfy his every need just to avoid problems.
7. As long as the female empath will do whatever the narcissist wants, there will be no problems in the relationship.
And the more love and devotion she puts into it, the more control the narcissist will feel.
Narcissists know that as long as empaths are struggling to keep their relationship alive, everything is going their way.
Once the empathic woman begins to break the unhealthy bond, the narcissist begins to feel threatened.
8. Finally, the female empath takes action. She ends up admitting that she was mistreated and that she no longer wants to be in that kind of relationship.
She needs more; she needs true, selfless love and she doesn’t get it. The narcissist is not happy with this realization.
In fact, he feels threatened and that makes him even more dangerous.
9. What actually happens is that the empath realizes that the narcissist will never have enough attention, and that none of their actions and fulfillment of the narcissist’s wishes will ever satisfy their need insatiable for attention.
10. Desperate, the narcissist goes into overly manipulative mode.
His next move is to convince the empathetic woman that all the bad things that have happened in their relationship are her fault.
He will convince her that she is too needy and too demanding.
11. Then she will stop for a second and question herself.
Since her self-esteem still hasn’t been recovered and she is still very vulnerable, she will believe his bullshit and seriously start doubting herself and her behavior.
This is exactly the narcissist’s game tactic.
12. The problem is that the female empath doesn’t understand that she has been manipulated.
Once the narcissist is in her head and he has muddled her mind, she will come back to him and open up.
She will tell him how she really feels and how much she is suffering.
Unfortunately, these emotions will not reach the narcissist, who will instead blame them without feeling guilty.
Empaths will openly admit that they believe they are losing their minds.
Nothing makes a narcissist happier than hearing this because at that moment the empath becomes easily controllable again.
13. This is where the empathetic woman makes the biggest mistake. She believes the narcissist’s lies.
Instead of accepting the pain and understanding that what she is feeling right now is normal because she was hurt, she feels guilty and thinks she did something wrong.
14. Despite the misfortune that has struck her, the empath woman will find a way to calm down, to take a step back to reassess the situation and try to understand what mess she is in.
Trust me, after a long struggle, the empath will find a way to get away from the narcissist!
15. Empaths need to understand that not all people are worthy of their love and attention.
They must prepare themselves for the fact that unfortunately there are bad people out there, people who only look out for themselves without fear of crushing anyone who gets in their way.
Empaths need to recognize that not everyone is like them.
The story ends with the empath struggling to get back on their feet, feeling defeated, embarrassed, and broken.
Meanwhile, the narcissist continues without regrets, as if nothing happened, as if the empath never existed.
And this is the sad truth. We invest with all our heart and soul while the other does everything to destroy our life.